Friday, April 15, 2011

Advanced Tri done and dusted

Well I did it today, a day early as have the relay for life this weekend and after 24hr of that I did not think I would feel up to doing it or worse would not do my tri challenge from 12wbt.
My plan was bike - row - then run as thought this would be the best way to deal with it.

30km bike ride, was proud to say I kept it above 100 rpm the whole way sat around the 28 - 29kmph mark
 time taken was 64mins.
3000 meter row machine took 14.45mins and after notice that the machine was set at 10 top setting so very proud of this time.
then the 8km run.... well thought no prob with this I can run 8km now but what I didn't think of was how stuffed I would be after the first two, got on treadmill, first mistake have not ran on a treadmill for months been doing all my training out side, but off I went, pushing myself at 8km per hour my normal avg speed, well after 2.65km I was dieing, and turned the treadmill off, thinking I cant do this what was I thinking, well after about 30seconds my mind kicked in, you are going to finished this no matter what, even if it takes you 2 hours you can run this you know you can, so turned it back on and put it up to 7km and just ran, got focused and finished it, did not take me 2 hours..lol but 1.10mins so slower than what I ran last weekend but again that was outside and I had not just done 2 other events before it.

I was so proud of myself, I had completed the advanced Tri, I am only at an intermediate level so really pushed myself today, and it really showed me how far I have come.

I headed home and ran a bath with Epsom salts...LOL but I am still hurting all over.

I just wish the weight would come off quicker,  tonight I just wanted ice cream but no I was strong and said NO to myself.
Still feeling down but not as much as last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment