Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Not sure how they do it.

I have had a great week, trained every day of the week, smashing it up, almost 2 session a day.
Food has been 1200cals or just under every day as well. I was feeling great. But yesterday in the afternoon my training started feeling a bit funny so I listened to my body and took it easy. I had already done 1.5 hours in the morning, I was an hour into my afternoon training at this point so not like I was just giving up.

Today I got up and did my weight in as its Wednesday, I only lost 100g, I was shocked, but ok my head was in a good place, I know I have done the right thing and trained and eaten clean, it is just my body, doing something that it needs to do at this time. So I got up went to the gym for my workout, I took it a bit easy as it was boxing and last time I did this class I was in a lot of pain in my foot, so no running in the class today burnt 440cals.  I came home went out with my daughter, but this afternoon I am feeling so washed out, so tired and very down. I am putting it down to over training, I added some extra vegs to my dinner just to make sure I got some extra vitamins etc.

But my question in the title, is how do the people on the biggest loser do it, they train for hours a day, from the onset of the show. I am fitter than they are when they start out.
Im ok with the small weight loss this week, I am ok with the food, I am very proud to say I did not eat to fix this problem. It did not even cross my mind, apart from more veg to fuel my body better and that is ok.
But I want to train, the way I want to train and not have my body let me down. I can put up with the pain, I can even put up with the extra sleep, but this wash out, crap feeling is not a happy good way for me to feel. Do I just keep going and let me body feel crap till it gets use to it and just does it.

I am focused on hitting my goal this round, I am not sure what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! At weigh in last week I didn't lose anything and I had trained hard and eaten well! I remember what Lara Whalen said in our session with her, sometimes you just have a bad week. It doesn't mean that you haven't lost size, or that you haven't achieved something. It is just numbers. If you are feeling good about training then do a session a day, 6 days a week and listen to your body. Don't try and overdo it if your body is tired. You will get to your goal and you will feel better and better for it!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete