Sunday, August 29, 2010

City to Surf 2010


Today was a big day for me, for a couple of reasons.

I completed my first ever City to Surf Run
I completed 12km in around 1.30mins times dont come out till tomorrow
but I know it was under 2 hours..lol so happy with that.



Just over 12 months ago when I lost my first 10kg my reward was some PT seasions
and he challenged me to do the city to surf, I said there was no way I could do that.
But today with a few tears, I did, I did not run the whole thing, but that was not my goal, my goal today was to cross that finish line and remember how far I have come.
The last 3 or so months have been a bit of a waste of time, in the weight loss department, I have lost and gained the same 3 kg, I have removed my surport network and almost given up, eatting things I know I should not be having and not working out.
I have wastied time, trying to work out why I am doing this and what is wrong with me.

Last week I had an AAAARRRRHHHHH moment, there is nothing wrong with me, and as for why who cares, I am sure there is a reason but why wait to find it, I sat and thought for a long time what has changed, what is different and came up with a list of things I had done before that I do not do now. So I sat and thought I AM GOING TO FINISH THIS I am not going to stop and go oh well it just another thing I didnt finish but I got a long way into to it and I look and feel so much better so its ok. Its not ok I have 15 - 18 kg to go to hit my goal I set over a year and a half ago, to get to 70kg (18kg will see me to have lost 50% of my body since starting)

So today I refected on this as I was running and cryed as I crossed the finish line thinking of how far I have come to stop now would be nuts.
This afternoon as I relax here I am working out my meal plans, my training, and my new goals and rewards like I used to do before, I have readded my surport network on facebook, and talked to my family about getting this done and there role in helping me which they are very happy to see me do.

So all in all big day..LOL
Tomorrow 6.30 training with V and back on track, I know I have said this alot in the last few post as I have been trying but my head feel different now, it feels like it did before I went to Sydney and that is a great thing.

Enjoy life and live for enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment