Friday, February 18, 2011

Update for the week.

Well we are only a few days out of kick off with this round of 12wbt, I am all set to go,
plans came out yesterday, so shopping all done, workouts all planed.

But I have not been sitting still waiting to start, I have worked hard this week, so far its been
Saturday - Running week 6 c25k 20min non stop run plus 10 min walking
Sunday - Fun run 5km
Monday - day off
Tuesday Run week 7 c25k (25min non stop run plus 10min walking)  plus 6km walk after work
Wed - nothing was slack
Thursday Boxing class had planed to run as well but was hurting to much and was to hot so moved it to morning.
Today Run week 7 c25k (25min non stop run plus 10min walking) plus 45min up and down stairs at point Peron lookout 10times.

Weight is back down in the 84's so heading in the right direction only a few more to hit my next goal. But this time i WILL NOT STOP. I can do this.

This round will be my running round, I did the 5km last weekend as a bench mark, it was very hard and very windy, so was not able to run it all, but run a lot of it, time was 38mins. So now I have a start number to beat.
My goal for the end of the round is a 15km run the week after we get back from Melbourne and then on to my half marathon in Aug.
I have found a training program for a half marathon that I will start the week after I finish the C25K program it a 20 week training program for beginners, so that I can make sure I am not doing anything wrong and that I am properly ready for the run.

I brought 10 kickboxing lessons the other day, again something I have never done but wanted to so got my first class on Wednesday night should be great fun, they go for 1.5 hours so will be a good workout. Will let you know how I go.

My body feels good at the moment bit soar getting back into the training manly from the boxing, but was hurting a bit from the fun run with the strong head winds pushing into them was hard but that afternoon and next day even my forearms where hurting..LOL But I am feeling strong and can see it reshaping to what it was starting to look like before so that is great. My hips have been hurting a little bit on and off after my runs so when they are soar I just take a day off or slow my runs down but do not stop depending on the pain level.

My mind, well its in a good space at the moment, focused and clear, still a bit worried that I am aiming to high and that I am being silly even thinking I can do all this. But I know I can, one day at a time.


I watched the start of this session of Biggest Loser last week and was shocked to see that my starting weight was heavier than all the women on the show except two and one of them was only 2kg more than I was, it was a real eye opener as to how far I have come.

My quote for this update is from Tiffany new trainer from Biggest Loser
"Train the Mind and it will train the body"

No comments:

Post a Comment